Our Bank is providing APBS facility to our customer. Hence requested all customer to contact branch to register their Adhar No with their Saving Account No.
APBS is a unique payment system implemented by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), which uses Aadhaar number as a central key for electronically channelizing the Government subsidies and benefits in the Aadhaar Enabled Bank Accounts (AEBA) of the intended beneficiaries. It is a payment system based on Aadhaar numbers issued by UIDAI & IIN (Institution Identification Number) issued by NPCI. APB System is used by the Government Departments and Agencies for the transfer of benefits and subsidies under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme launched by Government of India.
Benefits of Aadhaar Payment Bridge System (APBS) :
Frequently Asked Questions :
- Eliminates inordinate delays, multiple channels & paper-work involved in the existing system.
- Transfers benefits & subsidies in a seamless & timely manner and directly into the Aadhaar Enabled Bank Account.
- In case of change in bank account, customer is not required to convey the bank account details or change in bank details to the Government Department or Agency.
- Customer not required to open multiple bank accounts for receiving benefits and subsidies of various social welfare schemes – Customer just need to open one account and seed his/her Aadhaar number in the bank account to start receiving benefits and subsidies directly into his/her Aadhaar Enabled Bank Account.
What is Aadhaar number?
- It is a 12 digit unique identification number that stores demographic and biometric information of the resident with photograph issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of Government of India. Aadhaar serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India.
Is it enough to get the Aadhaar number for getting the Government benefits and subsidies?
- No. Once a customer receives his/her Aadhaar number, he/she needs to submit an application along with a copy of the Aadhaar Card to the bank branch where he/she is maintaining an account. The bank branch seeds the Aadhaar number in the customer account details maintained in the Core Banking System of the bank, thus making the account as Aadhaar Enabled Bank Account (AEBA).
What is DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)?
- DBTL (Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG Subsidy) is a scheme which provides the LPG subsidy amount applicable on the domestic LPG cylinder directly into the consumer’s bank account. At the time of LPG cylinder delivery, consumer will have to pay the full price of the LPG cylinder.
Why is Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB) System required?
- The APB System sub-serves the goal of Financial Inclusion and provides an opportunity to the Government to attempt financial re-engineering of its subsidy management program. The implementation of APB System has also lead to electronification of a large number of retail payment transactions which were predominantly either in cash or cheque.
What is an Aadhaar Enabled Bank Account (AEBA)?
- Bank account seeded with Aadhaar number of the customer in the Core Banking System (CBS) of the bank becomes an Aadhaar Enabled Bank Account (AEBA).
Does the customer need to have a bank account for availing benefits & subsidies through APB System?
- Yes, the customer needs to have a bank account for availing through benefits & subsidies through APB System.
What is the benefit of an Aadhaar Enabled Bank Account (AEBA)?
- Once an account of the APB System participating bank becomes Aadhaar enabled, it can receive benefits and subsidies remitted by the Government Departments and Agencies to the beneficiary.
How can a customer know the mapping status of his/her Aadhaar number in NPCI mapper?
- NPCI does not provide direct facility to the bank customers or LPG consumers to check the Aadhaar number mapping status in NPCI mapper. However, LPG consumers can check their Aadhaar number mapping status in NPCI mapper by vising the transparency portal of the respective OMCs (Oil Marketing Companies) website.